Tuesday 22 October 2013

White-Fronted Goose still on show !!

A look at Bowling Green Marsh this morning from the hide ( the best place to be in this weather ) got me 100+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 30+ Knot , 10 Greenshank , 9 Avocet , 2 Curlew Sandpiper & a single Whimbrel .
In the afternoon I went down to Gore Lane in Exmouth to see if the White-Fronted Goose was still there , so I went to the gate & looked out at the field and found the bird a lot closer to the gate than the other day & so today I could get a lot better photo`s of it , the bird is a juvenile of the albifrons race that breeds in Russia & is yet to get the white patch above the bill that you see on the adult birds ! I then had a look at Maer Rocks to see if I could see the Purple Sandpipers that Terry Smith had yesterday but all I could see today were a few Turnstone`s .

No comments:

Post a Comment