Friday 18 October 2013

Very quiet today

A look from the viewing platform that looks out over the Clyst Estuary on the falling tide this morning got me 9 Avocet , 1 male & a female Ruff , an adult winter Spotted Redshank & a Common Sandpiper & behind me 2 Raven were being mobbed by the crows .
I then went for a look at the Exe Estuary & saw a few Little Egret , an adult & 1st winter Great Black-Backed Gull , an adult Lesser Black-Backed Gull & a Grey Wagtail .
The Marsh Harrier had flown over Bowling Green Marsh but I missed it but did see a flock of 50-60 Common Snipe that must have been flushed by the harrier , the largest flock that I have seen on the marsh .... I think ! , I then went further up the Exe Estuary towards Topsham where there were 2 Spotted Redshank feeding in a small pool an adult winter & a juvenile bird . 

No comments:

Post a Comment