Friday 1 September 2023

Firecrest

 Another walk to Bowling Green Marsh and I arrived at the hide to find 3 Common Kingfisher chasing each other around . A look at the waders then got me 20+ Red Knot , 2 Ruff , 3 Bar-Tailed Godwit , 10 Dunlin and a scattering of Whimbrel .

I then went to check the bushes around the viewing point area where I saw a few Common Chiffchaff , a nice Blackcap , a European Reed Warbler and my first Reed Bunting on the marsh for quite a while .                                                                                                                                                                                       I then walked back home and at the top of Bowling Green Road there was a couple of nice Firecrest on show , always a great days birding when you can end up with these stunning birds .

No comments:

Post a Comment