Wednesday 5 May 2021

Wednesday 5th May

First thing this morning I went out to Dartmoor and had a look around the Challacombe Farm area and the birding was quite good as I saw . 6 Meadow pipit , 2 male Northern Wheatear , 2 Whinchat , 2 Common Buzzard , 2 male Common Redstart , a Marsh Tit and my 1st Ring Ouzel in Devon this year .

Later as I had just arrived back home my mate Andy messaged me and asked if I was interested in going for a Whiskered Tern that was on the Fleet at Abbotsbury in Dorset . So off we went with fingers crossed that it would still be on show . We got there and had to walk about half a mile on a pebbled beach ( Not good for my poor old knees lol ) But it was worth it as the bird showed well along with 100+ Common Tern and 5 Sandwich Tern ... A superb days birding !

No comments:

Post a Comment