Monday 10 December 2018

Little Bunting

1st thing this morning I had 12 Fieldfare , a Mistle Thrush and 11 Rook in the cemetery grounds in Topsham . I then had a quick look at Bowling Green Marsh where I saw a Ruff and 2 fly through Black Swan .
I then met up with my mate Andy and we went up to Chiswell on the edge of Portland to look for a Little Bunting that has been showing there for a few days , we arrived to find out that the bird had gone missing but after about half an hour it was re-found and showed very well indeed , also seen was a Black Redstart . We then had a look at Radipoll Lake in Weymouth where we saw a Western Marsh Harrier , 11 Mediterranean Gull , and Cetti`s Warbler & Water Rail were heard on call .
Our last stop of the day was near the Abbotsbury Swannery where we saw 21 Cattle Egret a Common Kestrel and a Short-Eared Owl .

No comments:

Post a Comment