Friday 14 December 2018

A Good Morning

I was out looking around the cemetery grounds in Topsham early this morning as I have been doing for a while now , and this morning it paid off as I saw my first returning Hawfinch of the winter but before I could get anywhere near it off it flew towards the Clyst Marshes . I also saw 14 Redwing , 20+ European Goldfinch and 7 European Greenfinch .
Yesterday there was a Great White Egret seen on the Exminster Marshes so I went over to see if it was still around but there was no sign of it today . But I did see 4 Barnacle Geese , 4 Greylag Geese , a Snow Goose ( Perhaps a new one or the one from earlier in the year...but where has it been all this time ?? ) , a large flock of European Golden Plover and Northern Lapwing kept on being spooked and after a search I found the culprits...not 1 but 2 Short-Eared Owls that were flying up and then dropping to the ground again and it was great to see these birds back on the marshes again , also seen was a male Peregrine Falcon , a Common Buzzard , 2 Common Raven and a Eurasian Bullfinch .

No comments:

Post a Comment