Tuesday 9 October 2018

8th October

Another Birthday.....

Today was my birthday so I did what I always do on it I went out birding . I didn`t get the birds of magnitude that I have had in the past on this day but I still had a good time .
As I found only my second Eurasian Treecreeper in Topsham this year and a marsh yeartick , also seen were 3 Pied Avocet , 3 Red Knot , a Bar-Tailed Godwit , 500+ Eurasian Curlew , a Water Rail
4 flyover Common Skylark ( My first in Topsham this year ) , a Cetti`s Warbler , a Common Chiffchaff , my 1st Redwing of the autumn , 2 Common Raven and 4 Eurasian Jay .
A look at the Clyst Estuary then got me a Whimbrel , a Green Sandpiper and a Common Gull and on the other side of the Exe Estuary the refurbished Flying Scotsman was seen near Powderham Corner making its journey back from Cornwall .

No comments:

Post a Comment