Friday 10 August 2018

Little Stint

A morning look at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham got me a Snow Goose , 10 Little Egret , a Juvenile Eurasian Spoonbill , 2 Green Sandpiper , a Ruff , a Bar-Tailed Godwit and 12 Whimbrel .
I then went down to the other end of the marsh to have a look around the bushes where I saw 4 Common Chiffchaff , 2 Willow Warbler , a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a male Eurasian Bullfinch .

Later in the afternoon I got news of a Little Stint  on the marsh so I went down again to see if I could catch up with it and it was still showing but always stayed very distant but you could still pick out that it was a moulting adult bird , also seen was a juvenile Western Marsh Harrier and a look from the viewing platform was not to bad as there was an Osprey and around 20 Dunlin . 

No comments:

Post a Comment