Tuesday 14 August 2018

Glossy Ibis

I got a call today telling me that there was a Glossy Ibis on Bowling Green Marsh and as I had not seen one in Topsham this year I went to have a look at it . As I got on to it everything went up and we soon picked out what had put them up ,  a juvenile Western Marsh Harrier , it then flew around for a while and spooked the Ibis into flying off !
So I started to look at other things and saw the juvenile Eurasian Spoonbill , around 20+ Dunlin , a Spotted Redshank , the long staying Ruff , a Green Sandpiper and a Common Sandpiper .

Out of the moths that I caught last night there was one new one for me and seen in flight it was a nice looking Lesser Broad-Bordered Yellow Underwing , also seen was Dar-Barred Twin-Spot Carpet and a smart Common Grass Veneer .

No comments:

Post a Comment