Sunday 21 January 2018

Glaucous Gull

Todays birding was a bit strange as for most of the day I was indoors suffering with a bit of a cold ! and I spent most of the morning looking out of my window for Hawfinch with no joy at all .
But later in the day I had a message from local Exmouth birder Matt Knott telling me that there was a Bonaparte`s Gull at Shelly Beach in Exmouth , so I got off of my bum and went down to look for it but I missed out on it as it had flown off before I got there . But there was a distant 1st winter Glaucous Gull showing on an area called Bull Hill ! a stretch of sand that shows at low tide in the middle of the Exe Estuary , sorry about the shot of it but I just wanted a record it  . Also seen was a European Shag and a Common Guillemot and looking across towards Warren Point I just about managed to see the Long-Tailed Duck... Many thanks Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment