Monday 22 January 2018

Dawlish Warren

I had a look around the Dawlish Warren Nature Reserve today and to be honest I was Shocked at what it as been turned into , at the far end of the reserve towards Warren Point can only be described as looking like a prison camp with fences blocking off where you can go all over the place and most of the bushes have been ripped out making it a shell of what it used to look like , with all the places fenced off it reminded me of the film that I have just watched Dunkirk ! Perhaps the gun placements come next ! to someone who has birded this site for over 30 years it just makes me sad to see the disgusting state of it now .
Anyway I managed to see 2 Firecrest , and a look at the sea got me 3 Great Northern Diver and a few Red-Breasted Merganser and on the beach was a single Sanderling & a few Ruddy Turnstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment