Tuesday 28 March 2017

Western Marsh Harrier

This morning I went for another look at Bowling Green Marsh and both 1st winter Bonaparte`s Gull and Little Gull were still on show and today they were joined by 4 Common Gull and a 2nd summer Mediterranean Gull . The waders on show today were 30+ Bar-Tailed Godwit , 4 Pied Avocet , 2 Eurasian Oystercatcher and a Green Sandpiper.........Also seen was a Brown Rat .
I then went across to the Exminster Marshes to look for spring migrants but again there was none to be seen , But I then had a call from my mate Brian Heasman telling me that he had just had a Western Marsh Harrier out on the marsh , it took me a while to get on to it but then I got some nice flight views of a smart Imm/female bird but it never came very close at all ... It was my first in Devon this year so cheers Bri .

No comments:

Post a Comment