Tuesday 14 March 2017

Garganey

I started today off at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham where I saw numerous Eurasian Wigeon , 20+ Northern Shoveler , 5 male Northern Pintail , 23 Bar-Tailed Godwit , 2 Common Snipe , 20/30 Common Sand Martin and in with them was my first Common House Martin of the year , there was also a claim of 5 Barn Swallow but I didn`t see them ! , I then went for a look at the Topsham Recreation Ground but the only bird of any note was a male Common Goldeneye .
My next stop was the Exminster Marshes and again there was not a lot to be seen with only 3 Little Egret , a Grey Heron , 12 Common Sand Martin , 3 Common Chiffchaff and a Peacock Butterfly , but then just as I was about to leave the marshes 2 male Garganey were found by the middle car park . Another 1st for the year and a good end to the days birding .

No comments:

Post a Comment