Sunday 10 April 2016

Kentish Plover

Many thanks to the Warren birders that contacted me this morning to tell me that there was a Kentish Plover showing in the bight at Dawlish Warren , so I made my way there as quick as I could as I knew that the high tide was coming in , after the long walk out to Warren point I was told that the bird had flown out of sight but that they thought that it would still be seen again after the tide had dropped ! so we started to wait and in that time I saw 26 Light-Bellied Brent Geese , 20+ Sandwich Tern , 2 Arctic Tern and a lone Whimbrel , after about three hours I had then decided to walk back to car when the phone went off telling me that the Kentish Plover was showing again on the point so I turned around and got there as fast as I could but in gale force winds and getting sand blasted it was hard work but worth it in the end to get nice views and even a couple of shots of it in between the sand storms lol .

No comments:

Post a Comment