Saturday 9 April 2016

Gropper

I was on Exminster Marsh just after first light this morning in hope that the Short-Eared Owl that has been on the marsh for a while now would be on show but again there was no sign of it ! I had walked up the canal path to the north end of the marsh and it was quite nice with the sun just coming up , when I heard a Common Grasshopper Warbler reeling from a patch of brambles I stopped and listened again and off it reeled again , I looked for it for around half an hour but never got to see it as it usually is with these birds .
Also seen were quite a few Cetti`s Warbler`s but never right out in the open as you can see by this shot , 3 Sedge Warbler`s , 7 Common Chiffchaff , 4 Willow Warbler and 2 male Reed Bunting , on the way back home 50+ Common Sand Martin were hawking over the River Exe at Countess Wear and my last stop of the day was at Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham where I saw 5 Red Knot and a few Bar-Tailed Godwit .

No comments:

Post a Comment