Saturday 23 May 2015

2 Cracking Birds Seen Today !

First let me start with an apology for the quality of the photo of the American Golden Plover another great find by James Dimond out on his early morning journeys around the Exminster Marshes ! but the bird always stayed very distant out in the middle of the marsh and I was lucky to only get this record shot of it , I hope it hangs around for a while and perhaps I will be able to get a better shot of it .
Then as I was still over on the marshes in hope that the AGP would come closer ! I had a call telling me that there was a Gull-Billed Tern showing on Bowling Green Marsh so I hot footed back to there and was lucky enough that the bird was still on show and I watched it for around ten minutes when it took to flight and flew off towards the Exe Estuary .... Good Find Keith .

No comments:

Post a Comment