Sunday 7 December 2014

Penduline Tit

Would you believe it ! I had just got in the bath this morning when my mobile started ringing so I jumped out and dashed to get it but it just stopped before I got to it , so I thought oh well and got back into the bath but after a while intrigue got the better of me so I phoned a mate and asked if he had heard any news and he told me that there were some possible Penduline Tits on Bowling Green Marsh so I threw my clothes back on and got there as quick as I could and was told that they were showing on the far side of the marsh in the reed mace and after a while I saw 2 juvenile type birds and a stunning male bird that was sat right on top of a reed , these birds are another first for the Bowling Green Marsh list and also an Exe Estuary tick for me !
Also seen today were 2 male and a female Northern Pintail , numerous Northern Shoveler , a Spotted Redshank , a Water Rail and 2 Common Stonechat .

No comments:

Post a Comment