Tuesday 8 May 2012

Monday 7th May . 2012

WHAT A DAY !!!

I went down to Dawlish Warren this morning to look for a reported Cuckoo ! I arrived to be told that there was 12 Pomarine Skua sat on the sea , 10 light phase , 1 dark phase & 1 intermediate , a great sight to see these birds all together ! I then went off to Warren point to look for the Cuckoo but had only just got there when I got a call telling me that a Nightjar had been found in Dead Dolphin Wood so I shot back there & got good views of it , it was a female bird & an Exe Estuary tick for me ! but that wasn`t all because as we were looking at the bird a male Golden Oriole called from the trees behind us !! 2 birders were able to run out & saw the bird flying through the wood but it was never seen again after that ! then a look at the sea got me 4 Arctic Tern , 10 Sandwich Tern & a 2nd summer Iceland Gull , other birds seen today were numerous Whitethroat , 4 Stonechat & a Great Spotted Woodpecker , also seen were 4 Wall Brown Butterflies , but no Cuckoo LOL .

No comments:

Post a Comment