Tuesday 1 May 2012

A bit of a fall !!!

This afternoon I went down to Orcombe Point as I had heard that there were a few birds on show including a female Pied Flycatcher , I parked at the top of Gore Lane & walked the fields down to Orcombe Point on the way seeing a male Whinchat , a Garden Warbler , a Reed Warbler & 2 Sedge Warbler , I arrived at the spot where the flycatcher was last seen & at first there was no sign of it anywhere but then a bird shot out flycatching & when it landed to my amazement it was a stunning male Pied Flycatcher !!! four other birders managed to see it before it flew into the campground & was lost from view .
I then went up to the top fields & saw another male & 2 female Whinchat , 2 male & 2 female Redstart , 3 Wheatear , 3 Whitethroat , a male Blackcap & numerous Swallow , a superb afternoons birding !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment