Wednesday 2 November 2022

Tuesday 1st November

 The day started with Thrushes flying over my house and there was 20+ Redwing , a Fieldfare and my 1st Mistle Thrush of the autumn . I then took a look at Bowling Green Marsh and I saw 20+ Common Greenshank , a single Pied Avocet , 2 Dunlin , a Common Snipe , Lesser Black-Backed Gull , Common Gull , Mediterranean Gull and my first Otter of the year . A very rare thing to catch up with here at the Marsh .

I then met up with my mate Paul Bray and we went up to Meare Heath in Somerset to see if we could catch up with the adult drake American Wigeon that has been showing there and we were in luck as it was showing quite well . Also seen were numerous Gadwall , a Great Crested Grebe and 3 Western Marsh Harrier . And nearby there was a field with numerous Cattle Egret in it .

No comments:

Post a Comment