Friday 22 April 2022

Friday 22nd April

I all I am back again and managed to venture out today after a very bad bout of food poisoning that had wiped me out for a week !

Well this morning I went for a quick look at the Exminster Marshes and I saw 17 Cattle Egret , 2 Common Kestrel , a Western Marsh Harrier , 6 Whimbrel , 1 Common Skylark , a Cetti`s Warbler and 2 Sedge Warbler . I then headed back home for a rest 😒

Early in the evening news came out of a Jack Snipe showing on the the marshes , I was really tired but with such a good bird for this area I just had to give it a go 🙏 that it would still be on show . At first there was no sign of it as it had flown out of view , but then it was picked up again and showed quite well going through its bouncing up and down motion while feeding, the shame was that with most birds on the marshes they are always distant .

We then had a massive bit of luck as while we were looking at the snipe an Osprey flew right over our head and out to the Exe Estuary and then after a short while it flew back again carrying a large fish .    

No comments:

Post a Comment