Tuesday 10 November 2020

Common Guillemot

On the Exminster Marshes this morning the drake American Wigeon was in with a  flock of 300+ Eurasian Wigeon that flew across the marsh and landed out by the main lagoon , obviously it must be the bird that was found a while back on the Exe Estuary at Exmouth by fellow birder Matt Knott but where it has been since then is a bit of a mystery . Also seen was the female Western Marsh Harrier , a Grey Wagtail , 4 Cetti`s Warbler , a Common Chiffchaff , a Song Thrush and 2 Redwing .

I walked down as far as the Turf Locks and a look at the Exe Estuary got me a few Pied Avocet , 4 Grey Plover and 400+ European Golden Plover . And close to the locks a Common Kingfisher showed well and as I was trying to get a shot of it I noticed a bird that was diving quite a lot , so I went to see what it was and to my amazement it was a Common Guillemot a very rare bird to be found this far upriver away from the coast .

No comments:

Post a Comment