Sunday 12 January 2020

Jack Snipe

A trip over to the Exminster Marshes this morning to look for Jack Snipe and I went to my usual spot where I have had them for a few years now . And my luck was in as I had only just entered the sedges when one shot up in front of me and its always a joy to see these dainty birds , also seen were 2 Common Snipe .
I then had a look around the rest of the Marshes and I saw 1000+ Canada Goose , 3 Barnacle Goose , 2 Egyptian Goose and around 50+ Eurasian Curlew . A look then at the Exe Estuary from Turf Locks got me numerous Pied Avocet , a large flock of European Golden Plover , around a dozen Grey Plover , 5 Common Ringed Plover and a single Sanderling .
Today was not a good day for photography as everything was quite distant , so todays shot is of the much maligned Canada Goose .

No comments:

Post a Comment