Wednesday 20 March 2019

Bearded Reedling

A quick look at Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me a couple of  Greylag Geese , a male and female Northern Pintail , 2 Stock Dove and a Cetti`s Warbler . I then went for a look on the other side of the Exe Estuary and took a walk through the old sludge beds but it only turned up another Cetti`s Warbler and a Common Chiffchaff .
I then walked along the Exeter Canal to look at the extensive Exe Reedbeds for the very hard to see Bearded Reedling and after spending quite a bit of time there looking and I walked from one end of the beds to the other . But I only managed to see one in flight and it soon dropped back into the reeds again and I heard another 2 on call , so it is hard work but if you put the time in they are in there , but I never see any other birders there looking for them ?
I then got a call telling me that a Common Sandpiper was on the River Exe at Countess Wear and as I had not seen one yet this year I went to look for it and was soon adding it to the year list .

No comments:

Post a Comment