Saturday 16 December 2017

Hen Harrier

Early this morning I went up to the Uphams Plantation area of Woodbury Common as a female Parrot Crossbill has been reported there , I searched the area for a couple of hours without getting anything on the bird , but then again I didn`t see any Crossbill`s at all .
The best bird that I saw was a female Hen Harrier that went across the common quite quickly heading for the Yettington area of the common and its my first on the commons for quite a while , also seen were 4 Common Raven , a European Green Woodpecker and a male European Bullfinch .
I then headed back to Topsham to see if the Bearded Tit`s were still showing and today they were but I only saw one male and a female bird but I expect that the others are still there somewhere .

No comments:

Post a Comment