Monday 25 September 2017

Greenish Warbler

Today Sue and I went to Portland Bill in Dorset in hope of seeing a Greenish Warbler that was found in the Observatory garden yesterday . After the hour and a half journey we parked up in the car park where a Northern Wheatear was on show , we then made our way to the obs and soon located with a Yellow-Browed Warbler , I then got a quick view of the Greenish Warbler but it soon vanished back into cover , it then showed on and off for short spells . It took us 3 hours to get good views of it out in the open but it was well worth the wait as this was only my second ever Greenish Warbler and my first one photographed . The only other one that I have seen was in Kenidjack Valley Cornwall back on the 24th September 2000 . Also seen were a few Common Chiffchaff and Goldcrest , a single Willow Warbler and offshore there was a pod of 10-15 Bottle-Nosed Dolphin .

No comments:

Post a Comment