Sunday 16 April 2017

A Good Days Birding

I was on the Exminster Marshes at just gone 7 this morning as I wanted to check the back path to see if any Lesser Whitethroat had come in yet but the answer was none ! so I made my way around other areas of the marsh seeing on the way 25 Whimbrel , 30+ Dunlin , 12 Common Ringed Plover , 2 Ruff my first of the year , the sky was full with 200+ Common Sand Martin , a single Common House Martin , 2 Barn Swallow and my 1st Common Swift of the year , the warblers seen today were as follows , 4 Sedge Warbler , 2 European Reed Warbler , 2 Cetti`s Warbler , 4 Blackcap and 3 Common Chiffchaff .
A look at the Exe Estuary got me 5 Little Tern off of the Turf Locks and later in the afternoon I got a call telling me that there was a Greater-White Fronted Goose showing on the Powderham Marshes so I shot over to see it and got it alongside a late Dark-Bellied Brent Goose ....a good days birding !

No comments:

Post a Comment