Friday 4 March 2016

Brown Rat !!!

An afternoon look at Bowling Green Marsh got me smart male Brambling the first one that I have seen on the marsh for many a year , also seen around the feeders were 20+ Common Chaffinch , 20+ Dunnock , a Eurasian Nuthatch  and out on the water there were 100+ Pied Avocet , a few Northern Pintail and a female Tufted Duck .
I then walked down to the other end of the marsh and saw a Water Rail and I had a look from the viewing platform at the Clyst Estuary and saw 40+ Grey Plover and a Spotted Redshank .

Also seen today was this Brown Rat and its the first one that I have seen on here in the 30+ years that I have been birding the marsh !!
                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment