Wednesday 3 February 2016

Green-Winged Teal

This morning I made a trip up to the Great Haldon Forest as I had heard that there was some smart looking Brambling on show at the bird feeding station , when I arrived there it was blowing a gale but the birds didn`t seem bothered at all and soon I managed to see 2 male and a female Brambling , also seen were 20+ Eurasian Siskin , 8 Coal Tit & 2 Eurasian Nuthatch , I then went to another spot that is good for Common Raven and I saw six of them .
Later in the day my mate Andy Bond and myself went over to Blackhole Marsh near Seaton to look for a reported Green-Winged Teal , we had just left the car park and reached the path when a Barn Owl flew out from one of the trees but it was soon lost from view ! the Green-Winged Teal was showing from the tower hide but was very distant ! but it came closer as the daylight was fading and I just managed to get this record shot of it just before the light went but I hope to get a better shot of it at a later date , then as we were making our way back home 3 Woodcock flew over the road in front of us in the last rays of light a very nice end to the day .

No comments:

Post a Comment