Friday 6 November 2015

European Serin still on show !

I had a quick stop at Bowling Green Marsh this morning and saw a 100+ Black-Tailed Godwit , the birds that we get on the marsh are of the race Islandica and are always nice to see , also seen was a male Common Kestrel and a Common Gull .
With heavy drizzle starting to fall I went down to Warren View in Exmouth to look for the European Serin but there was no sign of the bird and after a while my old birding mate Butch Davis turned up and we were soon reminiscing about past birding trips.....Good Times , I was just about to head for home with no sign of the Serin at all and had just opened the car door when Butch called me back and said that he had the bird but by the time I got there the bird shot into cover again out of the rain but it soon came out again giving good views but with the rain starting to fall heavier now we decided it was time to head for home .

No comments:

Post a Comment