Friday 14 August 2015

Terns

I had a call from my mate Matt Knott this morning telling me that he had a Black Tern in the Exe Estuary off of Mudbank Lane ! I looked out of the window and it was pissing down with rain but I thought that I would brave it and see if I could catch up with it , I was in luck and find Matt still there and after a short while we got some nice scope views of the bird even if it was a bit distant ! also seen on the sand bar were a few Sandwich Tern , 4 Common Tern , 16 Bar-Tailed Godwit and a Grey Plover .
I then had a look at Exmouth beach but all I could see were numerous Herring Gull`s and some Ruddy Turnstone so I then went to a spot near the raised beach huts and had a look at Lyme Bay and saw 20+ Northern Gannet , 6 Sandwich Tern , 2 Common Tern and a nice Little Tern .

Thanks Matt !

No comments:

Post a Comment