Wednesday 9 April 2014

Snow Bunting

An early look around the Exminster Marshes this morning ! but it was dead with only a few Cetti`s Warbler & Willow Warbler worth talking about , but I did see my first Speckled Wood Butterfly of the year & Grass Snake and Slow Worm were seen again .
I then went down to Dawlish Warren as I had heard that a Snow Bunting had been found on the end of Warren point , it was a bit of a walk but worth it in the end as the female Snow Bunting showed very well indeed , and to make it even better it was a Warren tick for me ! on the walk back there was a female Northern Wheatear in Greenland Lake , I then had a look at the sea as a Surf Scoter was found yesterday & I had no trouble finding the flock of Common Scoter but they were far out and looked like black dots lol so no chance with the surf but when they flew I did see one Velvet Scoter in with them , also seen were 2 Red-Throated Diver & 20+ Sandwich Tern .

No comments:

Post a Comment