Sunday 6 April 2014

Eurasian Spoonbill

An early start this morning at the Topsham Recreation Ground where on the River Exe the elusive Slavonian Grebe finally showed itself to me , as I have tried for this a few times without any luck !
I then got news that there was a Spoonbill over on the Exminster Marshes so I went over to look for it only to be told on arrival that it had flown off ! so I went to look for it on the Powderham Marshes but it wasn`t there and all I saw were 30+ Swallow , 14 Sand Martin and a male Blackcap , when my phone went off with news that the Eurasian Spoonbill was on Bowling Green Marsh !! sods law as that is 5 minutes from my house lol , so back I went again with more luck this time as the bird ( a Juvenile ) was sat out in full view in front of the hide it stayed for quite a while before off it flew towards the Exe Estuary / Exminster Marshes again .

No comments:

Post a Comment