Tuesday 1 April 2014

Kumlien`s Gull

I got news today of a 1st winter Iceland Gull at the Recreation Ground in Topsham so I shot off to there to see if it was still hanging around and was very pleased to see it sat out on the shingle with other large gulls , I managed to fire off a few shots of it just before all of the gulls decided to fly off and it wasn`t seen again after that , but I was really pleased with a very good patch tick !
An update on this mornings gull , as I am far far away from being any good on gulls ! experts have now looked at the photo`s of the bird and now the consensus is that the bird is a Kumlien`s Gull the Arctic/Canadian sub specie of Iceland Gull & a 1st for me !
Later in the afternoon there was an Osprey circling over the the Exe Estuary but it then flew towards Powderham Park and I lost sight of it , it may have dropped into the trees to roost but I am not sure .

No comments:

Post a Comment