Bubo

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Collared Pratincole

News that the Collared Pratincole was back in North Devon at the Northam Burrows again had me making the journey to see if I could catch up with this extreme rarity in Devon and I was in luck this time after missing the bird last Tuesday , great views were had today of this classic bird on the golf course & at one time it flew off high but it turned around again and flew back to the same spot giving us superb flight views , and it was a nice pull back lol , Oh and it was my 350th tick-able bird seen in Devon !! also seen were a few Northern Wheatear`s and in with them was a Greenland Wheatear of the race Oenanthe oenanthe leucorhoa .
Later in the day a look at the Exe Estuary from Exton Station got me a 1st summer Mediterranean Gull & my first Common Tern of the year .

No comments:

Post a Comment