Sunday 27 April 2014

Collared Pratincole

News that the Collared Pratincole was back in North Devon at the Northam Burrows again had me making the journey to see if I could catch up with this extreme rarity in Devon and I was in luck this time after missing the bird last Tuesday , great views were had today of this classic bird on the golf course & at one time it flew off high but it turned around again and flew back to the same spot giving us superb flight views , and it was a nice pull back lol , Oh and it was my 350th tick-able bird seen in Devon !! also seen were a few Northern Wheatear`s and in with them was a Greenland Wheatear of the race Oenanthe oenanthe leucorhoa .
Later in the day a look at the Exe Estuary from Exton Station got me a 1st summer Mediterranean Gull & my first Common Tern of the year .

No comments:

Post a Comment