Saturday 5 April 2014

Migrants

I started the day off at the Exminster Marshes and saw my first Willow Warbler of the year but not a lot else , so I went across to Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham where I saw  2 superb partial summer plumaged Spotted Redshank , 1 Red Knot and another Willow Warbler .
Later in the day I had a call telling me that there was a Little Ringed Plover and a Yellow Wagtail on the Powderham Marshes so over I went again to find the finder of the birds Brian Heasman still there and he soon put me on to the LRP but the Yellow Wag had gone missing so we started to look for it again and after a while Brian exclaimed I have got a Blue-Headed Wagtail and soon after a bit of panic had set in Dave Hopkins and myself got onto the smart looking bird and we watched it for a short while before it flew off and was lost from view , then as luck would have it I picked out the normal Yellow Wagtail that Brian had found earlier and it was a male in full summer plumage ! mmmmmm very nice , also seen were 2 Green Sandpiper , I then drove to the other end of the Powderham Marshes where this Barnacle Goose was showing very well ! a good end to a nice day .

No comments:

Post a Comment