Wednesday 16 April 2014

Black Tern

Another look at the Exminster Marshes this morning didn`t turn up yesterdays Common Nightingale but I didn`t really expect it to be there as it was last heard working its way along Station Road towards the canal !
But the Lesser Whitethroat gave itself up to me in the end but it took a long while to get a shot of it that I was happy with  , also seen was my first Common Whitethroat of the year , 5 Cetti`s Warbler , a Sedge Warbler , a Reed Warbler , 4 Barn Swallow & 2 Northern Wheatear .
I then went back home only to get a call later telling me that there was a Black Tern on the marshes over the reservoir , so I went back over to look for it only to be told on arrival that it had flown off to the River Exe but luck was with me as it came back again to the reservoir but was always distant hence the record shot of it ( Thanks Keith ) .

No comments:

Post a Comment