Wednesday 13 September 2017

The Yanks Are Coming

Today my mate Andy Bond and myself made the trip up to the RSPB Reserve at Lodmoor in Dorset to look for the two reported American Waders that have been seen there . And the first one that we saw was a juvenile Stilt Sandpiper and its only the 3rd one in Britain for me , we then went across to the other side of the marsh where we saw a juvenile Least Sandpiper but it was quite a bit distant and I could only just get these two record shots of it with my lens at full stretch .
While we were there we also saw 5 Common Ringed Plover , a winter plumaged Red Knot , a Great White Egret , a Western Marsh Harrier and 2 Common Kingfisher . And on the way back home we stopped for a look at the Fleet at Abbotsbury and we saw a juvenile Black Tern .

No comments:

Post a Comment