Monday 11 September 2017

Seawatching

Even though the winds were strong from the west this morning I still decided have a go at a seawatch off of Exmouth . And I didn't expect to get too much at all , but in the end I was quite pleased with what I saw . There was over 200+ Northern Gannet , then I picked up a couple of Great Skua that slowly made their way across the bay , then a couple of light phase Arctic Skua turned up and spent some time chasing the Sandwich Terns and they were soon joined by a dark phase bird , add to that a Manx Shearwater , a Northern Fulmar and some Black-Legged Kittiwake making it a nice couple of hours birding .
I then had a look around the Exmouth Marina area where I saw a Common Kingfisher and a look at Shelley Beach got me a single Little Egret .

No comments:

Post a Comment