Sunday 10 September 2017

Grey Phalarope

The day started off as usual with me checking the bushes around my local patch Bowling Green Marsh in Topsham , but it was slow going this morning with just 4 Common Chiffchaff , 2 Willow Warbler , a female Eurasian Sparrowhawk , 20+ Barn Swallow and a Eurasian Bullfinch seen .
But I then got news of a Grey Phalarope showing outside of the hide at Dawlish Warren so I went to see if I could see it , on arrival the bird was not showing but after around 15 minutes it came out into view again and showed well ( I love seeing these little waders ! a bird that spend most of their lives well out to sea and are only usually seen around this time of year when they get stormblown ) , also seen were 30+ Sandwich Tern , 10 Common Tern and an Atlantic Grey Seal .

No comments:

Post a Comment