Saturday 11 February 2017

Snowing !!!!

This morning I went out early in the falling snow to catch the high tide on Bowling Green Marsh but I didn`t see anything out of the ordinary , but I still saw some nice birds . On the marsh I saw numerous Eurasian Wigeon and Common Teal , a mixed flock of 30+ Northern Pintail , 20+ Northern Shoveler , numerous Black-Tailed Godwit , 30+ Bar-Tailed Godwit and 200+ Pied Avocet , I then walked down towards the Exe Estuary and in the last field there was a mixed flock of thrushes with 5 Common Blackbird , 3 Song Thrush , 2 Mistle Thrush and 2 Redwing .
I then went and had a look at Goosemoor where I saw a Spotted Redshank , a Common Greenshank , 2 Little Egret and a Water Rail , but the cold had now got to me so I headed for home for a nice cup of tea .

No comments:

Post a Comment