Friday 10 February 2017

A Good Day

My first stop today was near the village of Kenn where I saw 3 Red-Legged Partridge . I then went to Cockwood and went over the railway crossing and looked at the Exe Estuary and the birding was very good as I saw 1 male and 5 female Common Goldeneye , 2 Slavonian Grebe , 4 Bar-Tailed Godwit and the adult winter Bonaparte`s Gull .
I then went to the Exminster Marshes to look for the Western Marsh Harrier but again there was no sign of it , I have looked for it a few times this year with no luck and I thought that it had moved on , but it was reported again the other day so I take it that its still there somewhere , on the marsh all the normal wildfowl were on show along with a female Eurasian Sparrowhawk , & a small flock of European Goldfinch , I then walked through an area of deep sedge and put up 5 Common Snipe and 2 Jack Snipe making a great end to the days birding .

No comments:

Post a Comment