Thursday 23 February 2017

Pom

I went down to Exmouth this morning for a look at Maer Rocks and I saw 3 Purple Sandpiper , 2 Ruddy Turnstone and a few Eurasian Oystercatcher . It was absolutely blowing a gale with an offshore wind but I still decided to do a sea watch in Lyme Bay , I had been doing it for well over an hour with just the usual seabirds with Common Scoter , Northern Gannet , Black-Legged Kittiwake , lots of auks but they were to far out to tell what they were , a Red-Throated Diver and a Great Northern Diver then flew through and then I got my reward as I picked up a skua slowly making its way across the bay and as it came closer it turned out to be a pale Pomarine Skua , the tail looked square with no tail projection but the bird was a bit of a way out from shore .

No comments:

Post a Comment