Sunday 20 September 2015

Tern`s

A look around Bowling Green Marsh this morning got me the Eurasian Spoonbill , 3 Common Greenshank , a Spotted Redshank and a juvenile Ruff all seen from the hide , I then walked down to the viewing platform seeing a Stock Dove on the way , the tide was high so I looked around the Riversmeet House area and in the small creek there was a Grey Wagtail the first one that I have seen on the marsh for sometime , also seen was a Eurasian Nuthatch and a Great Spotted Woodpecker .
By now the tide had started to drop and a couple of looks at the Clyst Estuary got me the Spoonbill again as it came out to feed , 2 Common Sandpiper and a Common Kingfisher , a few of us then went and had a look at the Exe Estuary from the Goatswalk and we saw a Sandwich Tern , an Arctic Tern and another tern that was thought to be a juvenile Black Tern but in the end turned out to be this juvenile/1st winter Common Tern .

No comments:

Post a Comment