Monday 28 September 2015

Cackling Goose

Well as it turned out the Red Moon was not a bad omen but a good one lol as I got up this morning and went into my garden to the sound of a bird screeching and I looked up to see the great site of a Peregrine Falcon chasing a Merlin that was manoeuvring all over the place trying to get away ! I don't know how it ended because I lost them from my view .
I then got news that the Cackling Goose that was found yesterday was still showing on the Exe Estuary at Exmouth , so I made my way down to Mudbank Lane to look out at the estuary and soon picked the bird up but it was very distant out in the middle of the estuary but after about an hour it flew towards Exmouth and was seen a lot closer off of the Imperial car park in with 150/200 Dark Bellied Brent Geese and 3 Pale Bellied Brent Geese ! also seen were numerous Eurasian Wigeon and Northern Pintail and 4 Sandwich Tern .
It now seems that this bird has gone down as a Ridgway`s Cackling Goose according to RBA !

No comments:

Post a Comment