Wednesday 23 September 2015

Slow Birding Today !!

Today I birded around the Countess Wear sewage works and the old sludge beds for a change in hope of maybe finding something good but in the end it turned out to be a rather slow days birding !! but if you don't look you don't find lol
On the River Exe at Countess Wear there was 50+ Mallard , a Grey Heron , a Common Sandpiper and a Grey Wagtail , into the sludge beds next and it was very disappointing with only a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a few Goldcrest worth talking about , after coming out of the sludge beds I started walking back towards the car along the path beside the Exeter Canal where I saw a Common Kingfisher flash past me ! and a few Shaggy Ink Caps a Fungi otherwise known as Lawyer`s Wig.
I then decided to have a look at Powderham Marsh but again it was dead with only a Blackcap and this female Common Pheasant that practically walked right up to me , also seen was Red Admiral and Small Copper Butterflies , the last stop was the Exminster Marshes where there was a single Yellow Wagtail .

No comments:

Post a Comment