Tuesday 22 September 2015

Firecrest

I went down to Bowling Green Marsh quite early this morning and as soon as I had arrived I picked up a Firecrest on call in the trees to the right of the hide , the bird was in a mixed tit flock that soon moved on , later on in the afternoon a mate of mine saw the bird at the top of Bowling Green Lane !
A look at the marsh then got me 150+ Eurasian Wigeon , 20+ Northern Pintail , 6 Northern Shoveler , the Eurasian Spoonbill was still on show but was asleep for most of the time , 2 Spotted Redshank , 20+ Barn Swallow , 8 Common House Martin , 2 Common Sand Martin and a late Common Swift .
A couple of looks at the Clyst Estuary during the day got me 30+ Dunlin , 5 Grey Plover , 3 Red Knot , a Common Sandpiper , a Peregrine Falcon and an adult winter Mediterranean Gull .

No comments:

Post a Comment