Tuesday 8 September 2015

Caspian Gull

The day started with a fly over Yellow Wagtail on the Exminster Marshes , the next birds seen were 4 Common Buzzard displaying over my house in Topsham , I then went for a look at Bowling Green Marsh were I saw 5 female Northern Pintail , a Tufted Duck , 3 Spotted Redshank , a Ruff , 20+ Dunlin , 2 Common Snipe , a Red Knot and a White Wagtail .
Then late afternoon I got a call from Exmouth bird finder Matt Knott telling me to get down to Mudbank Lane as fast as I could as he had a probable Caspian Gull !!!!!! that was good enough for me so off I shot and arrived to find Matt and another Exmouth birder Terry Smith looking at the bird and saying that it looked very good !!! and for me to fire off some shots of it if I could , the light was not to good but I managed to get these shots of the 1st winter bird a very rare bird and a first for the Exe Estuary for me .........great find Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment