Tuesday 23 April 2019

Wood Warbler

A trip out to Yarner Wood this morning to look for Pied Flycatcher turned out to be a good move as I saw 5 male birds and a single female bird . It is always a privilege to be able to watch and hear these superb little birds .
I also saw 2 Lesser Spotted Woodpecker , a Great Spotted Woodpecker and a male Common Redstart but the highlight of the day was a Wood Warbler that was seen along the top path of the wood , I picked it up first on call and after a bit of a search I just about managed to get on to it but the bird was right in the top of the trees doing its flight call , this is my first in the woods for a couple of years as I had no luck at all last year .
I then had a look out on the common where I saw a Garden Warbler , quite a few Willow Warbler and a Common Chiffchaff .
On the way home a stop off at the Great Haldon Forest got me my first Tree Pipit of the year and also a few more Willow Warbler and Common Chiffchaff .

No comments:

Post a Comment