Sunday 7 April 2019

Migrants

There was a bit of a movement of birds today . And my day started off at Bowling Green Marsh where there was a Little Ringed Plover , a Grey Plover , a few Red Knot , numerous Common Sand Martin , around half a dozen Barn Swallow and my 1st Common House Martin of the year .
I then went across to the Exminster Marshes and I saw a male Garganey , 20+ Common Sand Martin , 2 Northern Wheatear , 2 Reed Bunting and another 1st for the year a Sedge Warbler that was seen in the stretch between the middle car park and the fishermans car park .
Later I had a call from local birder Matt Knott telling me that he had found a Common Nightingale in the Bristol Schools Camp so I shot down there as fast as I could in hope of seeing it , but it had gone to ground and even though Matt and I searched for it there was no sign of it again ! but a male Common Redstart and 6 Willow Warbler were very nice to see indeed .

No comments:

Post a Comment